Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- When are the Registration Dates?
- For Fall seasons, we usually register the first week of August.
- For Winter seasons, registration is mid-October through the first week of November.
- For Spring seasons, we usually register the first week of February.
- For Summer seasons, we usually register the last week of April.
- Where do I register?
- You can always register at the Honey Bowen Building located at 1 Max Lockwood Drive in Statesboro. Certain times during the year, we offer registrations at the Brooklet Rec Office and the Portal Rec Office. You can also choose to register online.
- What are your registration policies?
Refunds will not be issued for withdrawal from a program that meets the minimum enrollment requirements set by the department, except in the following cases: Cancellation by the registrant prior to one week before the program starts will result in a full refund. Cancellation by registrant one week or less prior to the program starting date will result in a full refund minus a $3.00 service charge. NO REFUND WILL BE GIVEN AFTER A PROGRAM HAS STARTED.
OUT OF COUNTY POLICY
All the participants living outside of Bulloch County registering for programs will be required to pay an additional $10.00 out-of-county fee for each activity, each season or month.
FEE WAIVER POLICY
It is the policy of the parks and recreation department that no child be denied access to basic recreation services because of inability to pay. The department will consider fee waiver requests based on a family’s present financial status.
Parents/Guardians must complete the recreation scholarship request forms, provide the required support documentation, and pay the reduced registration fee (if approved) at the Honey Bowen Building. No exceptions.
Fee waiver requests will be taken for youth, ages 0 –17 years of age, for all recreation services.
The Statesboro-Bulloch County Parks & Recreation Department does not discriminate against race, gender, religion, or national origin.
- What kind of payments do you accept?
- We accept cash, checks, money orders, Visa/Mastercard/Discover
- Can I register online with my credit card?
- Yes, we accept Visa/Mastercard/Discover
- How can I buy online Splash in the Boro daily tickets?
- Visit Splash in the Boro online.
- Click on “Tickets” round button, and then click on Tickets on the left hand side.
- Click on the grocery cart under the “Ticket-one day”
- If you have an account, please sign in. If you do NOT have an account, click on “New Guest Account.”
- Enter all the information requested, click “Next”
- Under “Step 1,” Choose yourself. Then click the green “Next.”
- Under “Step 2,” Choose the # of tickets you want., Click the green “Next”
- On the right hand side, you will now see a Shopping Cart. Review that it is correct, then click “Checkout.”
- The next screen is the payment screen. Choose the type of card you will be paying with and click “Next.”
- Enter your credit card information, click “Next.”
- Done! You can print your tickets or you can pull up your receipt on the phone once you get to the turnstiles!
- How do I register for a youth baseball/softball or adult softball tournament?
- Call (912) 764-5637, press 1, and the front office can give you all the details.
- How can I find out if my child’s game/practice has been cancelled?
- We use many forms of communication to let you know about rainout days, cancellations. In most cases, we will send out a mass text. You can sign up for this text by texting SBCPRD to 84483.
- You should receive a phone call from your child’s coach.
- We post cancellations online at www.bullochrec.com
- Call (912) 764-5637, press 2.
- Where are your parks located?
- You can see our facilities list here: https://bullochrec.com/facilities/
- Are your parks or buildings available for rent?
- Yes, please visit https://bullochrec.com/facilities/
- How can I become a Sponsor with SBCPRD?
- We would love to have you sponsor one of our many sports teams, or we have many other opportunities. Please visit our Sponsorship page here: https://bullochrec.com/sponsorships/
- How can I become a Volunteer with SBCPRD?
- How do I apply for a job with SBCPRD or Splash in the Boro?
- Are pets allowed at the parks?
- No pets are allowed in the complexes (around the buildings) or on the fields. Pets are allowed on the walking trails on leashes.