What is Pickleball?
Pickleball is a paddle sport played with a whiffle ball on a badminton-sized court and a tennis-style net. Pickleball is enjoyed by people of all ages and athletic abilities thanks to its ease of play and straightforward rules. The sport is inexpensive, social and healthy, and has been widely accepted in school gyms, fire stations, community centers, local parks, athletic clubs and thousands of backyard sports courts. In some ways it’s a combination of tennis and badminton, and along with sports such as table tennis and racquetball, pickleball has exploded in popularity. (taken from pickleballcentral.com)
The Bulloch County Recreation and Parks Department (BCRP) currently has 6 Pickleball Courts, located at the Sue Oertley Tennis Complex at 1 Max Lockwood Drive, Statesboro, GA .30458.
Sue Oertley Tennis Complex is open 8am – 9pm Monday through Sunday.
For more information, contact Barron Gillis (912)489-9067.
Bulloch County Recreation and Parks Pickleball League Announcement
Bulloch County Recreation and Parks is excited to announce a fall Open Pickleball League Starting August 24th.
- The Open League will begin on August 24th. Games will be held on Thursdays starting at 7:00 P.M. each week.
- The deadline to register for the league will be August 21st.
- Multiple matches will be played by each pair each week over a 6-week regular season. The season will then be completed with a final tournament to determine champions across Men’s Doubles, Women’s Doubles, and Mixed Doubles divisions.
- League rules, scoring system, and format will be discussed with participants prior to the start of the league.
- Registration fee for each pair will be $10.
- Those interested in joining the Open League when registration opens, please contact Lenard Robinson at 912-489-9054.
For more information contact Lenard Robinson at 912-489-9054 or Lrobinson@bullochrec.com