What is Pickleball?
Pickleball is a paddle sport played with a whiffle ball on a badminton-sized court and a tennis-style net. Pickleball is enjoyed by people of all ages and athletic abilities thanks to its ease of play and straightforward rules. The sport is inexpensive, social and healthy, and has been widely accepted in school gyms, fire stations, community centers, local parks, athletic clubs and thousands of backyard sports courts. In some ways it’s a combination of tennis and badminton, and along with sports such as table tennis and racquetball, pickleball has exploded in popularity. (taken from pickleballcentral.com)
The Bulloch County Recreation and Parks Department (BCRP) currently has 6 Pickleball Courts, located at the Sue Oertley Tennis Complex at 1 Max Lockwood Drive, Statesboro, GA .30458.
Sue Oertley Tennis Complex is open 8am – 9pm Monday through Sunday.
For more information, contact Barron Gillis (912)489-9067.
Bulloch County Recreation and Parks Pickleball League Announcement
Bulloch County Recreation and Parks is excited to announce the start of Highschool, Open, and 50+ Pickleball Leagues.
- Highschool and 50+ Pickleball Leagues will begin the last week of March. The Highschool League will play on Monday evenings starting March 27th, the 50+ League will play on Thursday evenings starting March 30th.
- Open Leagues will be held in the Summer and Fall.
- The Highschool league will hold boys and girls singles and doubles divisions. The 50+ League will hold men and women doubles and mixed doubles divisions. There will be a $15 entry fee for each person in each division.
- The deadline to register for High school and 50+ Leagues is March 24th.
- Each league will last 6 weeks with a regular and post season.
- League rules, scoring system, and format will be discussed with participants prior to the start of the league.
- High School students who are currently 18 will need to provide proof of high school enrollment before starting play.
- Those interested in joining the Open League when registration opens, please contact Lenard Robinson at 912-489-9054.
- To sign up for the High school and 50+ League, please head to playbulloch.com, or sign up in person at the Honey Bowen building.
For more information contact Lenard Robinson at 912-489-9054 or Lrobinson@bullochrec.com